TOAH-NNEST roles in working with our members/ukaipotanga, Government and other key stakeholders include:
- National voice for the broad spectrum of specialist sexual violence service providers throughout the country, Māori and Tauiwi.
- Assistance with building the capacity and capability of service providers e.g. striving for sustainable funding, providing and supporting opportunities for professional development, sharing information and research, supporting relationship building and collaboration.
- Specialist advice and training opportunities to inform government policy, legislation, research, strategy and services regarding sexual violence.
- Partnership and collaboration with the government and other key stakeholders on specific sexual violence initiatives.
- Single access point for the government and other key stakeholders to consult and inform sexual violence service providers.
- Assistance for the government to better meet its Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations regarding sexual violence issues for Māori.